- Water Elemental: Waterbolt mana cost reduced by 80%.
Whelp. There’s the answer to the WE’s mana issues. Isn’t that convenient! (Shout out to Magejuego!)
In other news, buffs to fire PvP!
No seriously. Check this stuff out:
- Blast Wave: The mana cost of this talent has been significantly reduced.
- Burning Determination: The duration of interrupt immunity granted by this talent is now 20 seconds.
- Dragon’s Breath: The mana cost of this talent has been significantly reduced.
- Firestarter: When this talent is triggered, it makes the next Flamestrike cost no mana in addition to being instant.
Something is very wrong here. Major buffs to frost PvE and fire PvP in the same patch? What is this madness?!
Those are some very hefty buffs to fire mage PvP.
Burning Determination is an extremely powerful talent, it’s just very heavily limited by it’s short duration. Against a single enemy, it’s usually useless. Though it is rather funny when a DK mind freezes you for “immune”, it’s practical applications were usually quite limited.
But 20 seconds?
That’s some very serious business right there. Imagine those poor shamans wondering why Wind Shear fails so consistently…
The mana cost slashes to BW and DB are good. Fire can burn through mana nearly as fast as arcane does; reducing the cost of abilities that are used primarily for control rather than damage should help alleviate mana constraints.
And then we have the new Firestarter. Shoop da woop.
Flamestrike for PvP? What ARE you on there, Ripper?
No, no, f0r seriousness, this is great.
It’s triggered by two abilities a fire mage is going to be using as often as possible. It grants an instant cast spell which deals a fair amount of damage. And it’s completely free of cost, besides requiring a GCD.
As it is now, Flamestrike costs a fairly hefty chunk of mana. Firestarter is a nice burst of damage, but the mana cost is extremely prohibitive. By making it free, this has essentially granted fire an instant cast nuke with absolutely no downside.
Now if we could just get fire a reliable snare of some sort… Cone of Cold doesn’t count!