- Arcane Focus (Arcane) is now 3 ranks and increases chance to hit and reduces mana cost of Arcane spells by 1/2/3%.
This tastes of nerf. I suppose we’ll have to see where gear itemization goes regarding hit. I have a bad feeling that losing 7% hit, forcing an arcane mage to make that up with gear/gems, in exchange for 3% cheaper spells, will only end in sadness.
- Counterspell now costs 9% of base mana.
Nerf. A very serious one at that. As it stands now, Counterspell costs 100 mana. Let’s take an average level 70 mage, with 9k mana. 9% of 9000 is 810 mana. Look me in the face and say that isn’t a nerf, and I will hit you in the face with a sack of fish. POINTY FISH.
- Frost Armor, Ice Armor, Mage Armor and Molten Armor are no longer Magic effects and cannot be dispelled.
Pretty massive buff. It’s already in the game, so… nothing to see here?
- Invisibility now makes the caster invisible after 3 seconds, reduced from 5 seconds.
As long as it still reduces my threat by 50% when used, then it’s a buff. If it reduces threat by 30%, massive nerf to raids, but still a buff, however small, for PvP.
- Magic Attunement (Arcane) now also increases the range of your Arcane spells by 3/6 yards.
Arcane Mages have begged, whined and cried for this off and on for years. Yay! Now the hunters are the only ones who can complain about range talents!
- Polymorph now costs 12% of base mana.
*Bends over* “Please, sir, may I have some more?” NERF NERF NERF RIDICULOUSLY HUGE NERF. OHGAWDIT’SEVERYWHERE. At least everyone else is getting the same treatment.
- Portal spells now cost 18% of base mana.
- Prismatic Cloak (Arcane) now also reduces the fade time of Invisibility by 1/2 seconds.
Tiny buff to PvP peoples. If it effects the threat reduction in raids, I might cry.
- Slow Fall now costs 6% of base mana.
So long as it no longer takes a reagent. It still will, won’t it. THEN WHY?
- Teleport spells now cost 9% of base mana.
Again, who cares?
There. I talked about Rash of the Itch King. If you’ll excuse me, I need to go back to blogging about The Burning Itchy Thing.