This little idea has grown exponentially. Slowly but surely, a hefty number of bloggers have weighed in on the issue: “What would you do if the WoW servers were shutting down for good?”
First off, I’d just like to point out that the level of attachment many of us have towards this game is obscene. Personally, I have logged thousands of hours into my various WoW toons, and the ending of WoW would be one helluva bittersweet moment.
Like hell I’m leaving it behind without pictures.
- Go to Winterspring, kill about 20 yetis, preferably all in the exact same spot. Then snap a screenshot of me dancing over the corpses.
- Go to Southshore, and kill as many NPC’s as I can until my mana runs out. Then snap a screenshot of me dancing over the corpses.
- Go to the Barrens, to that damn Raptor nest valley thingy where they all spawn 3 at a time, and kill every last one of them. Then snap a screenshot of me dancing over the corpses.
- Go to Thunder Bluff, and leap off/rez, leap/rez, leap/rez, until I have a mighty collection of skeletons on the ground. Perhaps convince others to do the same. Then snap a screenshot of me dancing over the skeletons.
- To Tanaris! Kill a bunch of pirates, then snap a screenshot of me dancing over the corpses. Preferably while wearing the Ninja shapeshift.
- Kill every last female parent love making Murloc in the entire bloody world. Take many, many screenshots of many, many corpses. Failing that, the end boss Murloc thingy in Wailing Caverns will suffice.
- Zone into Stratholme. Kill some stuff. Dancing. Screenshots.
- Kill some Nagas in Zangarmarsh. You better believe there will be dancing.
You know? Maybe I should use fraps and do one of those “Where the Hell is Matt?” things.
Except in WoW.
Involving a troll.
Lots and lots of corpses.
Or… not. I’d like to take some stuff in places like Orgrimmar and Ironforge. In the first, the only place I could find a corpse would be if I went to war with Cenarion Circle and killed Gamon, and the former would involve my corpse…
All of a sudden, this idea seems really, really good.
Well, crap. There goes my free time.