Another shared topic brought to you by Blog Azeroth, or more specifically, Jagerbombz over at Hoof n’ Healz.
Y’all know what I’m talking about. It’s raid time, bosses are to be dropped/are dropping/dropping your raid, and things get said that cause, at the very least, chuckles. On with the show!
- *So-and-so has logged in*
So-and-so (sounding rather tired): I thought you guys started at ten?
Raid Leader: We do. It’s eleven thirty.
- Mage (upon being killed before he can sheep one of the inner island mobs on Lurker, rather faintly): oh sh*t
*Healer 1 has died*
*Healer 2 has died*
*Healer 3 has died*
Raid Leader: Why are healers dying?
*Raid Leader has died*
Raid Leader: Ahh.
- Euripedes (upon pulling aggro) casts Ice Block
*The mage standing right next to me (being second on the aggro list) dies*
Raid Leader: Did he just kill you with Ice Block? *laughs* That’s so awesome. You guys are all excited about getting untrained Ice Block, and then he f*cks you over with it *laughs again*
- Mage (upon the raid beginning to wipe on Void Reaver): I can go Invisible!
*Mage casts Invisibility*
- Raid Leader (upon realizing that raid DPS is split between two mobs on a TK trash pull): Did you know that if they don’t die within four seconds of each other they all respawn?
- Mage (upon casting Ritual of Refreshment): Ok! Grab ’em while you can, that’s all I’m making tonight.
Raid Leader (who also happens to be a Holy Priest): Alrighty then, only one Power Word: Fort going up tonight. Don’t die, ’cause you won’t get another.
Me: That’s actually excellent incentive to not die. Like a guy in the hospital saying “ok, I’m going to fix your arm this one time, so make sure you don’t break it again”.
- *Raid Leader explaining strategy for Morogrim*
*Morogrim runs into the middle of the raid, right up to one of the Shadow Priests, kills the priest, then runs back*
Raid Leader: Wow… he really must hate you.
Shadow Priest: I didn’t even do anything!
*We checked the combat logs. He didn’t do anything. He wasn’t even the closest to Morogrim.*
- Raid Leader (upon pulling Curator): Alright, here he comes, misdirect to me please.
Main Healer: AFK a sec
Raid Leader: … what?
*Raid Leader dies*
*Everyone else dies*
- Me (upon internet connection being restored): It’s AALLIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiive!
Raid Leader: Who was that so I can mute them forever?
Me: My voice isn’t that horrible, is it?
Raid Leader: No, it just sounded like you were in a large, empty room, crouched over the mic screaming into it.