- Arcane Subtlety – now reduces threat generated by all spells and effects by 5/10% and arcane spells and effects by an additional 15/30%. The dispel protection remains the same.
- Arcane Focus – now applies to all spells, instead of just arcane.
- Arcane Stability – reduced to three ranks for the same effect, and now applies to Evocation.
- Torment the Weak and Student of the Mind have swapped places in the arcane tree. Torment the Weak now only grants a 3/6/9% boost to damage (down from 4/8/12%).
- Spell Impact now also applies to frostbolt, arcane barrage and arcane missiles.
- Arcane Stability – now increases spell damage and critical strike chance by 2/4/6, up from 1/2/3%.
- Mind Mastery and Arcane Mind have both been reduced to three talent points for the same effect.
- Incineration – now also applies to Frostbolt and Ice Lance.
- Burning Determination – now also reduces the duration of stun effects and disorients by 15/30%.
- Improved Scorch – now also increases the damage dealt with Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, and Scorch by 1/2/3%.
- Impact – stun effect has been increased to 3 seconds.
- Molten Shields – in addition to it’s current effect, your Molten Armor now grants 20/40% of your resilience as critical strike rating.
- Playing With Fire – instead of increasing spell damage taken by 1/2/3%, now reduces spell damage taken by 4/7/10% as long as Molten Armor is active.
- Blazing Speed – now immediately finishes the cooldown of your Blink spell when this talent procs.
- Combustion – redesigned. Renamed Burnout. Increases your critical strike chance with fire spells by 50% while costing 20% more mana to cost. This effect lasts 15 seconds.
- Fiery Payback – now also triples the damage of Molten Armor when below 35% health.
- Firestarter – now provides an instant cast effect to Flamestrike or Scorch. If Scorch is used for this proc, it has a 100% critical strike chance.
- Burnout – renamed Combustion, and the additional mana cost effect has been removed.
- Dragon’s Breath – the area of effect of this spell has been increased to match that of a talented cone of cold spell.
- Winter’s Chill – in addition to it’s current effect, now also increases the damage dealt by Ice Lance by 10% per rank on targets of a higher level than you.
- Brain Freeze – now grants an instant cast, mana free Frostfire Bolt instead of Fireball.
Anyway, those are are my ideas for what should happen to the mage trees to try and solve our little issues. (more…)